Here you’ll find essential information on Freeport International Airport, including contact details, airport transfer facts, details of airport facilities, and how to get there.
Full Airport Name
(Bahamas) Freeport International Airport
PO Box F-40916, Freeport, Grand Bahama, The Bahamas
Number of Terminals
GMT – 5 (GMT – 4 from second Sunday in March to first Sunday in November)
The airport is situated on Grand Bahama Island, 5km (3 miles) north of downtown Freeport.
Transfer Between Terminals
The terminals are within a short walking distance of each other.
From the centre of Freeport, take the East Mall Drive or the West Mall Drive north to The Mall and follow signs to the airport. Coming from the west, take Queens Highway and take the airport exit north of Freeport. From the east, take the Grand Bahama Highway and take the airport exit to the north of Freeport.
There are parking spaces available in front of the terminals.
Car hire companies represented at the airport include Avis, Red Kap Car Rental and Thrifty.
Shuttle: Some hotels and resorts provide shuttle service to the airport. Please contact the hotels direct.
Taxi: Taxis are available outside the terminal buildings 24 hours a day. To order a taxi, call the Grand Bahama Taxi Union (tel: 352 7101).
Information and Help Desks
There is an information and help desk in the international terminal.
Money and communications: ATMs and a post office are available at the airport.
Eating and drinking: There is a restaurant and bar in the international terminal.
Shopping: There are several shops in the terminal building, including duty-free shops.
Luggage: Queries about lost luggage should be directed to the airline or to the airport information desk.
Other facilities: A medical emergency clinic is located at the airport.
Conference and Business Facilities
There are no conference or business facilities at the airport, but these can be found at some hotels around the island. Extensive events and meetings facilities are available at the Westin Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort.
Facilities for Disabled Travellers
The terminal buildings are accessible to disabled travellers. There are toilets for wheelchair users. Accessible taxis are available for transport to and from the airport.
- First Lie-Flat Bed Offers Economy Passengers an Easy Business Travel
- Travel Flights: Airports and Airfare Rates Guide in New Zealand
- Airline Travel Guide: How to Use Online Check-In and Boarding Pass
- BA Increase London City-Barcelona Route to Year-round Service
- Check Right Sites: Ways to Get Cheap Tickets and Budget Trips
- Sydney Airline Travel Guide: To and From Sydney Airport
- Save Money Tips: How to Get Really Cheap Airline Tickets
- Your Available Getaways: Hot Budget Travel Deals and Prices Compare
- American Cheap Flights: Ski Destinations on Sale from $258
- Holiday Travel Advices: How to Evade Unexpected Travel Costs