Edmonton promoter were forced to cancel MMA fight. A mixed martial arts promoter in Edmonton has been forced to cancel his April fight after the Winspear Centre backed out of its contract.
Mixed martial arts includes kick-boxing, Brazilian jiu-jitsu and wrestling and boasts “mass amounts of very high intense conditioning,” according to the MFC website.
Maximum Fighting Championship owner and president Mark Pavelich originally booked the Winspear for April 9, but the concert hall’s management later backed out. They told Pavelich the booking was a mistake because the Winspear doesn’t host sporting events.
“At the beginning we said, we’ll find a (different) venue real quick,” Pavelich said in an interview.
“But there’s four, five factors we have to match up.”
Pavelich struggled to find a different venue but has secured the Edmonton Expo Centre (formerly Northlands AgriCom) for a different fight on May 7. Tickets go on sale Monday through MFC and Ticketmaster.
Pavelich remains angry about how the Winspear handled the situation.
“There’s not a Tylenol pill on the planet big enough to cure me of the headache they’ve caused me,” he said.
By cancelling the April event, Pavelich said he has lost $500,000 in corporate sponsorship, breach-of-contract fees and printing costs. He hasn’t filed a lawsuit but has asked the Winspear to cough up the money he’s lost.
“I want them to pay for my damages and then I’m OK,” he said. “I don’t want to sue anyone. And you know what would be nice: a sincere sorry.”
Winspear officials could not be reached for comment.
- 4 Steps to Learn Mixed Martial Arts Training Techniques
- School Girl Challenges Japanese AV Star Sora Aoi with Sexy Appearance in Commercial
- What’s the best fun game you played as a kid?
- What would you like to be reborn as? Do you wish to be reborn as a woman or man?
- Brazilian Playboy Model Who Sold Her Virginity Offers It Up in Another Online Auction After Claiming the Last Buyer Did Not Sleep with Her
- Chinese Antiques Stamps: Bronze Wares of Eastern Zhou Dynasty
- Japanese School Girls Astound Chinese Students for Mini Skirts
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Art Make Artists Crazy
- Postage Stamps Online: 2010 Year of Tiger in Chinese Lunar Calendar
- Dogs Gradually Used in Courtrooms