Chi Kung is one of chinese martial arts forms. The term Chi Kung derives from the Chinese words “chi” (breath, life-force) and “kung” (cultivation of skill, mastery). Chi Kung or Qigong (pronounced “chee gung”) is an ancient Chinese form of moving meditation to promote physical and spiritual well-being. The practice of Chi Kung emphasizes focused attention (mindfulness), slow movements, body alignment along a central vertical axis, relaxation and deep abdominal breathing. Chi Kung requires no equipment and can be practiced indoors or outdoors by people of all ages.
Step 1 Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your arms at your sides. Visualize a vertical line from the top of your head to the floor. Relax, and center your body along this imaginary line.
Step 2 Extend your arms at chest level, as if you were holding an imaginary beach ball against your chest. Relax your arms, elbows and wrists.
Step 3 Bend forward at the waist, and slowly bend towards the floor, still holding the imaginary beach ball against your chest.
Step 4 Gently stand upright. Reach up toward the ceiling. Press your palms flat towards the ceiling with your fingers pointed behind you.
Step 5 Bend your knees to sink downward. Keep your back straight. Straighten (but do not lock) your knees to extend upward. Continue to press your palms flat toward the ceiling with your fingers pointed behind you.
Step 6 Sink downward. Keep your back straight. Extend upward as you press your arms outward to the side, with palms flat (toward the walls, if you are indoors).
Step 7 Sink downward. Keep your back straight. Sweep your arms downward to pick up the imaginary beach ball. Extend upwards. Hold the imaginary beach ball against your chest. Cross your wrists as they reach chest level.
Step 8 Uncross your wrists. Gently sweep your arms down to your sides.
Step 9 Repeat the sequence as many times as you wish.
- Chi Kung training: 6 breathing exercises
- Iflove Kung Fu News and Articles Colletion: Learn Chinese Martial Arts and Conquer the World
- Chinese Kung Fu Preview: Chi Kung or Qigong and Taoism
- Traditional Chinese Kung Fu, Taiji Quan and Chi Kung Revealed: Internal Relationship and Functions
- Iflove Kung Fu Review: China Wushu and Its Development Course
- Chinese Kung fu, tai chi, chi kung productions sale for Martial Arts Fans
- Chinese Traditional Southern Shaolin Tiger Style Kung Fu: You shall learn
- School Girl Challenges Japanese AV Star Sora Aoi with Sexy Appearance in Commercial
- What’s the best fun game you played as a kid?
- What would you like to be reborn as? Do you wish to be reborn as a woman or man?